Saturday, August 7, 2010

This blog will:
Remind everyone that celebrating the gains is equally as important as learning to handle life challenges.


This morning as soon as my eyes opened, I remember the thick, long multicolored snake obstructing my path as I tried to return to my inn a few years ago while visiting Brazil. The neighbors heard me call out in this rural peasant village and soon there were a handful of people gaping at this eight foot long -snake. “This is an important sign – I just wish I knew what it meant”. I knew by the villagers reaction that this snake was unusual even for the countryside-quasi-jungle of Brazil – after all the snake had plenty of jungle he could squirm around in blocks from where we stood. Coming to the center of the town, stretching out across the road, and lying there placidly while everyone around him was screaming and acting like they were going to slay him with bow and arrow was unusual. I had come to Brazil to visit world reknown faith healer John of God, making the significance of the snake even more important.

As I reminisce over this divine gift, I remember being told that it means transformation, and transformation I have received. In addition to being healed of cancer while I was in Brazil, I also received a nice push to track down Esther Hicks, who I learned about in the movie The Secret. The consistent and accurate application of her body of work provided the transformation I sought. Many people say, “Oh yes I have been familiar with this work for years” and imply that they have adopted it into their lives. Yet by knowing them and also hearing how they have applied it, it is apparent to me that many people mistake Esther and Jerry Hick’s work for another book on positive thinking. Far from it. For example, thinking positive thoughts when you are in anger is detrimental because it only activates frustration, effectively blocking whatever you are programing to receive.

Rather, I would classify their work as first of all learning how to love challenges in our personal lives, because this is truly the fuel, the motivation, for moving us forward. They call these challenges contrast. After this acknowledgement, we clearly identify where we are in range of emotions and implement a series of steps to lift our emotions into higher states. When we are in a state of fluid, effortless appreciation our desires instantly manifest. And lastly, there is a whole psychology of how to “milk it”, as they say, when we are feeling good. When we experience a breakthrough, have fun at a party, get into a higher emotional state, then relish this, turn it over in our minds, play it out as long as possible.

In that vein, over the next several days, I am going to celebrate my gains from having ACCURATELY adopted the law of attraction into my life. I know my audience wants to hear me say: “I made a million dollars, I met my soul mate, I got the perfect job”, but what I have to say is much better than all of that put together.

Number One Gain: I now love contrast. Contrast is highly intense, unpleasant emotion, which seemingly arises from life circumstances that irritate us and sometimes push us to the limit. It is never the circumstances that are the cause of the intense emotion. It is always, always, always because our true self is vibrating at high levels where every dream unfolds into our lap, and our everyday self is not letting us go there. How? By thinking lower level thoughts that don’t match the vibration of our high self. Solution? Jump up and down for joy that you have an emotional guidance system that is letting you know right away and with lots of force that you need to improve your thoughts, gradually and meaningfully. What do we normally do? Try to figure the problem out, blame others, justify the strength of our rightness, push really hard to change the circumstances, get angry, call all of our friends and tell them how ridiculous so and so is who “caused” all these problems – all of this is like pouring kerosene on a fire.

What a relief it is to have the perfect solution to every problem. Isn’t it wonderful that our goal isn’t to change the circumstances? Isn’t it wonderful that we get to change our thoughts, because it is soooo much easier than changing circumstances. I am so grateful that my emotional guidance system lets me know with such accuracy, when I am swimming upstream.

Tune in tomorrow for the Number Two Gain…..

deborah@deborahbird.com

No comments:

Post a Comment