Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Burning Up In The Gap

This blog will explain:
1) How to handle seemingly unresolvable life situations that erupt and cause tension.
2) Why things always get worse, before they get better.
3) How to stand in the fire and do a focus wheel at the same time.
4) The processes contained within this blog can be applied to money, career, relationship – any aspect of life where there is a concern.


I am whoosie at the thought of moving into my new apartment, which I hastily, and now I see somewhat blindly grabbed. It is a furnished monthly place that includes utilities, cable and wireless - not easy to find, even in a big city. I see now that my highly dependable sense of smell must have been temporarily disengaged during my first visit, as I enter the door and inhale that cheap hotel smell. I just now see that my neighbor has tattoos over every square inch of his tee shirt and shorts laden body. Since he wasn’t there when I surrendered my deposit check, I only now get to see that when he parks his car it is eight inches from my bedroom window. Currently, I am in travel mode, promoting my business and meeting with clients for extended contracts and I have brought too many possessions along. The physical effort of finding a place, relocating my things, cleaning, and now being disenchanted by the new place puts me in the fire. There is no refuge. I can't go forward and I can't go backwards.

The roach in my bed tomorrow morning agrees with my assessment as he cackles, sitting back on his haunches, glibly picking his fangs with a tooth pick, legs casually crossed, reclined on his elbows: “Yee haaa, here we go again Bird ….more chaos”. This eruption in my life only has value in that I get to ask myself: “What would Abraham say, what would Ester & Jerry say.”

They say what they always say and get paid, at their own admission and amusement, millions of dollars to say over and over again to us mortals, who hear it every time as though it is revelatory: “Don’t take action to change the circumstances, take action to change your vibration surrounding the circumstances.” Then we revolt with our regurgitation of what it is: “There is no way I could continue to stay in the yoga center. My feet hit the floor at 4:30 am and I ran until 8 pm. There is constant unspoken pressure to work all the time on the center’s work, even though my original agreement was to have time to work on my own business. Then there was a bit of dogma here……. Blah, blah, blah.” This only causes the roach to cackle even more, he pulls out his tiny scissors and begins clipping his hair: “Success – I have ensnared her in the maze of her mind. She thinks that proving how right she is matters”. The fire turns into a furnace.

Engulfed in flames, I am surprised that I am able to gather my thoughts to the point where I can hear what I know and have already heard: “Despite the fact that you are exploding at the moment, change your vibration around place. Right now your vibration is screaming chaos on this subject and I am delivering what you asked.” Does anyone else ever want to slap Abraham?

I begin the series of steps to welcome the "place chaos" prescribed by the Sedona Method. (See blog entry: Monday, May 24th, 2010: Releasing Does It Take Time To Work for detailed instructions.) I welcome the roaches; I welcome the funny smells now well steeped into the walls of what has turned out to be a shantytown abode. When the only grocery store in your neighborhood is a Food City you know you’re in trouble. I welcome the Food City. I welcome early childhood troubles that have the same aroma as this one.   After releasing some resistance through this process, then I start my focus wheel as prescribed by the Abraham-Hicks techniques.

Step One: Identify what is outside the focus wheel: Living place chaos.

Step Two: Identify what is Inside the focus wheel: Easy, flexible living circumstance.

Step Three: Identify one small thing that is working now on this subject and build up in small steps to the center of the focus wheel: “Yikes! Hmmmm? The roach is especially handsome…no that’s not right.” I try again: “I am lucky to have a troubled childhood because now I have lots of motivation to learn healing techniques…..no not quite, but maybe a little better.” “My last living situation was an improvement over my previous one….that’s it….very true….I got it….I got on the focus wheel”.

Now, I build from this point: “ I have been doing lots of things to increase my vibration. I completed an eleven day juice fast. I have been doing early morning spiritual practices every day and rising early every day. My current dilemma notwithstanding, my energy levels are soaring and my sense of well being is at an all time high. Now that my vibration is higher, my lower level thoughts are creating a bigger gap between where I am vibrating internally and my general, old, worn out mental disposition. This is why things always get worse before they get better. Although this gap is extremely uncomfortable, I am the master of my thoughts and can redirect them. Remember when you feel really uncomfortable, start by appreciating something small. I really appreciate the spiritual atmosphere at the yoga center. I got to participate in daily spiritual practices, which, on the physical plane, overcame my hypothyroidism…..so many people are struggling with this disease and now I am healed. Lucky me.

Well, I am doing something right by changing my location in order to experiment with new healing techniques. I have incredible techniques now to achieve any goal that I want to. I am so grateful to have learned all this and it has helped me so much already. I love the contrast I am feeling right now that I am labeling “living place chaos”. I get to breath it in, love it, and be compelled to change my old, worn out thought patterns surrounding it for ultimate healing. I am sure harmony is around the corner. I can stand in the fire and truly welcome it. I am just burning up the gap.”

I go out for my normal evening run and stop at the doggie park. I walk in and carry on a friendly easy conversation with just about everyone in the park.  I am having fun and the contrast has simply melted. I feel much better and celebrate meeting someone new. Everyone at the park is extremely social.  We have a nice evening chatting with amongst ourselves just as though we had were on a pre arranged Saturday picnic.

Deborah can be reached for coaching at deborah@deborahbird.com

No comments:

Post a Comment