Friday, November 12, 2010

The Pledge

This blog will discuss:

1) How using the Sedona Method can provide immediate relief for long held problems. The Sedona Method is a simple, yet profound, technique for removing resistance. Instead of pushing against emotions such as doubt, frustration, failure, The Method coaches participants to welcome, accept, let go of the emotion. 
2) Taking The Pledge:   A process which fully enacts the law of attraction based on the teachings of Abraham.
3)  These processes can be applied to any long held problem in the areas of career, health, money, and relationship.

Yesterday, I decided to apply the Law of Attraction in a conscious minute-by-minute experiment, so I created The Pledge, which established a new life priority.  Some of the results were quite magical and will hopefully be useful to others. 

The Pledge:  Instead of promoting my business, lining up clients, figuring out new health strategies, going to social functions, making new business and social contacts, or racing around town “getting things accomplished”, I now have new life priorities that look like this: 

1) Sorting All Mental and Physical Activities:  Every movement, action and thought will be observed consciously, evaluated and selectively sifted, letting those that  might result in an unpleasant emotion fall through the sieve and be washed away, leaving only the golden nuggets in the sieve, which will create good feelings.
2) Segment Intending, Prepaving and Milking:  I will segment intend and prepave to get into states of appreciation, or I will simply observe what currently is pleasing  in my life, the fall trees, the ability to work from home.  Once I start to lock into appreciation, I will embellish and relish this harvest.
3) Stray Thoughts and Emotions: Any stray, unpleasant emotions, which infiltrate this process, will be immediately released.  I will stop whatever I am doing and thank the problem for showing me where I am stuck vibrationally and then begin releasing.
4) Rationale:  The Law of attraction states that when we have good feeling thoughts we go into a high vibrational state, which allows our natural abundance to manifest. Stated more practically and bluntly,  it cuts the to do list down to one…..our priority is to have good feeling thoughts whatever it takes.  Success is always evaluated by the condition of our lives. Our lives are the perfect reflection of everything that we been vibrating up until this point. 

My hypothyroidism has been crushing me for the past three days.  This problem has arisen, my mind is telling me, as a result of staying in a vacation cabin.    I found out they sprayed insecticides about two weeks ago and I am obsessing on the estrogen mimickers found in all insecticides.  “Here we go again, when will the world realize the dangers in these substances that have led to the current epidemic of hypothyroidism.” I feel myself sliding into anger.   “I need to fix this by moving, by opening windows, by washing all the floors and cabinets.  I am getting the effects of estrogen dominance.”

Ignoring my discomfort, which has been a life long challenge, and focusing on my Pledge instead…”Remember the Pledge, remember nothing else matters, but The Pledge”.  Although the anger has already risen into my head, reflecting the over emotionality associated with this disease. I grasp to refocus, but am unable to do so.  A sumo wrestler is now pressing with all his might down on my shoulders making my fit, trim body feel like the body of a patient in an obesity clinic.   The local pool cleaning company seems to have used their super vacuum to suck  all loving and happy emotion from my heart, leaving only the standard crabby shell of a human now sitting here in this kitchen chair.

With great effort, I force myself to begin the process of releasing resistance. I try the Sedona Method holistic technique, which alternates between welcoming the problem and welcoming the opposite of the problem, or the healed version.  “Can you welcome your incessantly sick body”.  That I can do.  Now for the healed version: “Can you welcome the vibrantly healthy body that you deserve.”  I feel a door slam in my face meaning a big “No”, which is okay because now, in accordance with the Sedona Method, I can push it away as much as I want to, rebel against this image as much as I want to, or welcome how stuck I am with this side of the holistic – all wonderful techniques, none of which are resulting in any movement for me at the moment.

I know that the word “deserve” is my challenge in the way I worded this release.  Anyone who exercises rigorously and regularly, participates in verified methods of cleansing, eats raw foods and vegetarian foods, participates in mental fortification regularly DESERVES to be healthy- whether it is me or anyone else.  

I keep fishing and land on: “Can you welcome the impossibility of having the healthy body that you deserve?” Goodness knows, after everything I have done to get well, it must be impossible.  I can feel in my gut that I have hit the core of the issue. I begin to feel movement, however at the same time, I feel overwhelming discomfort,  I want to stop releasing and go get something to eat.  I have come to understand this feeling of needing to shift, as a sign that I am releasing well.  Also, I remember my Pledge to release and completely release.  This sense of completeness is a distinct feeling like a wave washing over me, which then sends me into oneness.  Therefore, I continue with my odd version of the holistic, going back and forth between the healed me and the impossibility of being healthy.   Finally to my amazement, the right before my eyes the hypothyroidism begins to lift.  The sumo wrestler stops pushing as hard on my shoulders; I have graduated from the obesity clinic, having lost a few hundred pounds; my mind is optimistic, and there is now an almost human form sitting on the kitchen chair. Welcoming the impossibility of a healthy body was key for me in this release.

“I feel the urge to run”. I am dismayed that I can think of running one hour after the onset of my discomfort.   Although running has a strange way of turning on the hypothyroidism, especially in the afternoon, but I decide to do it anyway.  My run turns out to be exhilarating and I soak up the colorful fall scenery.

As I begin my standard yoga exercises that follow my run, I become aware of some chronic thoughts that have infiltrated my Pledge screening process. I am vaguely aware that under several layers of consciousness, I am complaining:  “I exercise so much and my body is still so feeble.  I can’t believe I have exercised my whole life and I still feel diminished much of the time. Often my exercises exacerbate the hypothyroidism in the short term, so I exercise diligently and get kicked in the pants afterwards with super fatigue – some times as long as the rest of the day.”  I am acutely aware that some version of this tape plays every time I exercise – yikes!

I welcome the chronic thought patterns of illness, and then begin doing a focus wheel on my physicality:  “I have had the fortitude and intelligence to exercise my whole life. No matter what, I keep going.  I have exercised every two to three days without fail for years.  I am so lucky to have the mental strength to engage in this healthy activity.  I know my diet has increased my vibration”.  Then I branch off from the official focus wheel process and start appreciating all the fall leaves around me and the amazing fresh air that I live in now.  My yoga is easier today and I feel especially revitalized.

After freshening up, I look in the mirror and I can’t believe who I see looking back.  A radiant, energy filled woman, who looks years younger than this morning.  I am racing with energy and good cheer. By applying The Sedona Method and the law of attraction, I have turned around three days of serious and medium serious hypothyroidism. By no means do I think that this episode represents the end of this health issue, nor do I wish for that.  Having improved my material life significantly and shed many nagging and recurring stresses, I embrace my hypothyroidism for what it brings me.  It is Source Energy knocking on my door saying:  “Hey Deborah, you’ve done a great job of increasing your vibration through all your practices, and we are doing a good job of calling you to the new and improved you, but the old thought patterns and ways of being are creating a big gap between the new you and the old you.  For now we are going to really get your attention and label the gap ‘hypothyroidism’, but you know its just our way of telling you that you have got to get up to speed with the new, higher vibration you.”   In bliss, I now begin to happily milk these good feeling states and surprising sucesses by writing about them, thinking about them, re-living them, and embellishing them.

Deborah is avialable for coaching sessions and trainings at:  deborah@deborahbird.com

No comments:

Post a Comment